Like every year at Metropolitan Museum of Arts di New York (U.S.A.), the Met Gala joined v.i.ps and clebrities from over the world. Let’s have a look to celebrities’ hairlook.
- Brie Larson (pict. 1) opted for probably one of the most experimental hairstyles of the night with this twisted rosette of an updo. Worn in a side parting and finished with a wet-look polish, this shape is a genuinely unusual look that has more in common with catwalk hair than red-carpet style.
- Mad Men star Jessica Pare (pict. 2) rocked a towering updo that her 60s alter-ego Megan would be proud of. A hot-pink lip works perfectly with her dark shade and brings the whole thing bang up to date.
- Jessica Alba (pict. 3) kept things elegant with a low-slung, twisted asymmetric style. As well as being elegant and fitting in with the vintage mood of the evening, this style also showcases off Jess’s colour to perfection.
- Marion Cotillard (pict. 4) opted for a similar side-parted style, with hair twisted back to the base of her neck. There’s a real 1920s mood to this style, which I always love. Marion just never gets it wrong with her red-carpet hair – vintage elegance at its very best.
- Hayden Panettiere (pict. 5) was in pure princess mode with a pink Dennis Basso gown and jewel-topped updo. Tonged in to curls of varying sizes and loosely piled up, this look is sheer romance.
- Nicole Richie (pict. 6) took her lilac locks on the red carpet for the first time, giving us a proper look at her new pastel shade. She complemented the punky nature of the DIY-inspired hue with a knotted mohawk-inspired updo.
- It was curls, curls, curls for Rihanna (pict. 7), who piled her tumbling tresses up into a high ponytail. It looks as though there’s a diamante clip in there too, but this look really is just about that great texture.
- Co-host for the evening Sarah Jessica Parker (pict. 8) made sure all eyes were on hair with a fairly spectacular updo. Taking the double bun trend and making it supersized, this asymmetric style is modern elegance at its very best. SJP never disappoints on the red carpet for the Met Gala and this year was no exception.