World renowned ‘Oscars’ of the hair world, HJ’s British Hairdressing Awards, took place on Monday night with 18 winners announced, and three inductions into the Hall of Fame.
Australia’s Jacky Chan, from Oscar Oscar Chadstone in Melbourne, took home the first ever International Collection of the Year crown.
The stylist beat five other category finalists from around the world to triumph in the UK awards, dubbed the ‘Oscars’ of the hair world. Jacky claimed the inaugural title of best internationally produced collection, beating competition from countries as far apart as the USA, the United Arab Emirates and Canada.
Each November, HJ’s British Hairdressing Awards sponsored by Schwarzkopf Professional, recognises the very best talent in the UK hairdressing industry.
The awards celebrate the stand-out styling stars across 18 categories in total, recognising achievement in both regional and specialist fields. For those lucky enough to win the same category on three separate occasions, a prestigious honour is bestowed; a place in the British Hairdressing Awards Hall of Fame. Once in the Hall of Fame, a hairdresser is no longer allowed to enter that category, having reached the very pinnacle of talent in that field.
HJ’s British Hairdressing Awards 2019, sponsored by Schwarzkopf Professional
Specialist Category Winners 2019
- British Hairdresser of the Year: Robert Eaton, Russell Eaton, Leeds
- Afro Hairdresser of the Year: Rick Roberts, Rick Roberts, Beverley (East Yorkshire)
- Artistic Team of the Year: Mark Leeson Artistic Team, Mansfield
- Avant Garde Hairdresser of the Year: Hayley Bishop & Sophie Springett, TONI&GUY North Audley Street, London
- Men’s Hairdresser of the Year: Jim Shaw & Daisy Carter, Essensuals, Billericay
- Newcomer of the Year: Alex Morton, Jamie Stevens, London
- Schwarzkopf Professional British Colour Technician of the Year: Sophie Gibson & Jonathan Turner, Hooker & Young, Newcastle
About HJ’s British Hairdressing Awards, sponsored by Schwarzkopf Professional
For 34 years, the British Hairdressing Awards have been the most coveted and sought-after titles in the hairdressing industry resulting in global recognition. Both regional and category specific awards are given to salons and hairdressers across the UK who show incredible skill, vision and talent through a collection of images. Winners were announced at a celebrity hosted ceremony at the Grosvenor House Hotel, a J W Marriott Hotel in London’s prestigious Park Lane.